A Faster Way to Productivity and Well-Being? Count Us In.
Acupuncture and The Workplace
Which statement describes your current work situation?
- I have nightmares about my project deadlines. And my boss.
- My neck and lower back ache constantly.
- I’ve called in sick all week.
- There’s an office birthday almost every week. I’ve gained ten pounds.
Let’s be honest: Most of us consider self-care to be an after-work or weekend focus. But health and healing is a 24-hour, seven day a week endeavor that is linked to productivity and happiness. The most successful people commit to maintaining their own health and healing their pain or conditions that interferes with their work and home lives.
You don’t want to suffer anymore, do you? Of course not. So, let’s get to work on being more productive and healthier at work:
- The physical symptoms of stress stand in the way of your workplace efficiency. When you’re stressed, your tasks appear daunting, your team seems to be working against you, and you’re just not happy. Acupuncture lowers stress hormones and moderates your mood to reduce anxiety, increase positive feelings, and improve your focus.
- Acupuncture is an effective treatment modality to reduce neck and back pain, and even headaches. It’s hard to concentrate when your sciatica is acting up from sitting all day, or your neck hurts from lugging around your work accoutrements. Add in a distracting headache from staring at your screen too long, and you’re probably not paying as much focused attention to your work as you – or your boss – would like. Acupuncture provides drug-free pain relief while reducing inflammation and swelling.
- Your work doesn’t get done when you’re out of the office fighting off an infection. Acupuncture can boost your body’s immune system, reduce the duration of that nasty cold, and relieve body aches and congestion quickly so you can get back to work.
- If you’re tempted by workplace distractions, from lunchtime birthday cake to cigarettes with your co-workers, acupuncture is an effective way to combat unhealthy urges. It can curb cravings, ease jitters, and lessens the irritability you’re sure to feel when you finally choose healthier habits.
To learn more about the many ways acupuncture can help turn your workplace into a happier, healthier, more productive and innovative place to be, give us a call and schedule an appointment. If it’s easier for you, just click here to check availability and pricing, and schedule your own.