If You’re Looking for a New Way to Treat Yo’self, Choose Acupuncture
There is a never-ending list of things we cannot control. That’s a fact. But the one thing you cancontrol is how you treat yourself.
So, how are you treating yourself these days?
Our wellness team at Treehouse Acupuncture believes in tending to yourself the way you would for someone you love; someone you want to see happy, pain-free, centered, and energized by life. May we suggest acupuncture?
- It always seems to be cold and flu season. This gets worse in summer from walking in and out of air conditioned spaces. With it comes all those miserable feelings, from stuffiness to nausea and fatigue. Just a few well-placed needles can relieve sinus and chest congestion and nagging coughs, improve headaches, and boost your immune system.
- It’s also Summer, which means Fire element pathologies are in full-force including digestive disorders like constipation, insomnia, restlessness, and generally feeling overheated. Acupuncture is the perfect remedy. Ask us about Chinese herbs, cupping, and moxibustion, too.
- Acupuncture makes your skin glow. In Ancient Chinese Medicine (ACM), the liver is ultimately responsible for the smooth flow of chi; when it’s balanced and healthy, it boosts the flow of blood and nutrients to the surface of the skin. Beautiful.
- And speaking of skin, your body’s internal inflammation manifests in a variety of skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, and acne. Acupuncture calms down the inflammation inside by harmonizing the immune and endocrine systems, leading to healthier, happier skin.
- It relieves digestion issues. If your plans have ever been interrupted by heartburn, reflux, constipation, or other food sensitivities, you’ll understand what a relief this is. Your daily comfort and health will thank you.
- It fights chronic stress. Did you know that 95% of all illness is caused or worsened by stress? Acupuncture helps with that by lowering cortisol, the stress hormone, levels and activating the release of endorphins. On a related note, acupuncture improves sleep by improving melatonin production. Remember: Insomnia causes stress, anxiety, weight issues, and rapid aging. Let’s get to sleep.
- Acupuncture makes you happy. Our needles release hormones like dopamine and serotonin, which are the same hormones that appear when we’re in love. If you’re ever feeling low, acupuncture can help teach your body how to feel high again.
If you’ve never thought of acupuncture needles as a form of self-care, please think again. As you can see, acupuncture makes a tremendous impact on your overall health. If you feel better – more rested, with healthy skin and digestion, less stress and illness – your life will feel better. We see it happen here at Treehouse all the time.
Click here to conveniently schedule your treatment online. Pick the date and time that works best for you, and let’s start healing.