Need a Productivity Boost? Try Acupuncture.
Have you ever noticed that we prioritize self-care on the weekends? Our requests for Saturday acupuncture, cupping, and moxibustion appointments here at Treehouse Acupuncture are off the charts, so if you’re on our waiting list, this post is for you.
Employees and employers alike should be interested in incorporating strategies during the workweek for a healthier, more inspired, and productive workplace. Many are now considering acupuncture as a quick way of achieving those goals. Acupuncture is an effective way to bring positive changes to our day-to-day lives and reach the personal and professional goals we’ve set for ourselves.
Here are five ways acupuncture can help you achieve clarity and perform optimally at work – and even at home:
- We can’t work when we call in sick. Acupuncture boosts our overall health, keeping our immune system balanced and better able to resist viruses. It can also reduce the duration of a cold and the symptoms that make you miserable.
- Are you stressed over deadlines and a never-ending workload, and constantly worried about your job performance? Stress is one of the top initial reasons why patients try acupuncture for the first time, and for good reason. Acupuncture reduces stress and anxiety levels by calming your nervous system and rebalancing your energy flow. You’ll feel the tension leave your body immediately, gain motivation to tackle your tasks, and stop procrastinating.
- Work can be a real pain in the neck. If your job involves sitting for much of your day or concentrating for long periods of time in front of a computer screen, chances are excellent that you’re experiencing your fair share of pain. And let’s not forget the pain you bring to work: chronic back pain and headaches, fibromyalgia, and sciatica, for example. Your pain affects your output. Acupuncture can stimulate endorphin production, which is your body’s natural pain killer, while activating the production of serotonin, which is directly related to your moods.
- What did your boss say again? If you have a difficult time remembering and learning, acupuncture can enhance mental clarity by improving your energy flow (qi) and balancing your brain with your inner spirit.
- No more counting sheep. A good night’s sleep has a crucial connection to productivity, energy levels, innovation, responsiveness, and your capacity to learn. Acupuncture regulates all the hormones and chemicals in our body that promote sleep: melatonin, serotonin, and endorphins.
One more benefit to acupuncture? Repetitive stress injuries are some of the most common injuries that can keep you from doing your job well. Don’t worry; acupuncture can handle that, too.
To learn more about our acupuncture treatments and how they can contribute to better health and your ability to achieve your full potential at work, give us a call. Better yet, CLICK HERE to schedule a convenient time for your acupuncture appointment and let’s get started.